Hello everyone! After some time, here is the brand new brain teaser. We hope you will like the challenge. 🙂
In PowerShell, we can convert from bytes to KB, MB, GB, TB, and PB using the multipliers. For example,
$size = 123456789 $size / 1KB $size / 1MB $size / 1GB $size / 1TB $size / 1PB
Now, here is a task for you. You need to find a way to perform the above conversion without using any of the above PowerShell multipliers that is KB, MB, GB, TB, and PB. Here are some more rules:
1. If the result contains decimal point, round the number down. For example: 12.99 should become 12.
2. All versions of PowerShell are allowed, shortest way wins.
We teamed up with Packt Publishing to offer the winner of this contest a copy of Windows Server 2012 Automation with PowerShell Cookbook eBook.
Here is a quick overview of this book:
• Extend the capabilities of your Windows environment
• Improve the process reliability by using well defined PowerShell scripts
• Full of examples, scripts, and real-world best practices
This contest closes by Saturday, May 25. Wear your PowerShell wizard hat and post your answers in the Comments section. The winner will be announced next Monday.