Just when I was thinking that there is a need for a nice regular expression helper for PowerShell, SAPIEN Technologies announced the community preview of their new product called PowerRegEx. PowerRegEx is a regular expression building tool that provides help and real-time testing.
As per the SAPIEN annoucement, the key features available in this community preview of PowerRegEx are:
- Makes regular expression creation and discoverability easier, by grouping RegEx constructs by category.
- Provides descriptions and examples on how to use each regular expression construct.
- Includes sample regular expressions for Email, IP Address, and more.
- Ability to test regular expresses against an existing file or ad-hoc text.
- Export matches or non-matching lines.
- Export regular expressions for PowerShell use.
Go ahead and download the community preview. It’s free!